We’ve had an exciting and busy first full week of school. Here are some of our highlights:
- We made quilt squares to show our favorite subject, free time activities, special places, and things we’re looking forward to learning.
- We made self portraits and hung them proudly on the wall for everyone to see.
- We made a lot of artwork!
- We collected data about our birthdays and created an organized pictograph.
- We shared artifacts to teach about ourselves, wrote a bit about them, and took photos with Mr. Gould.
- We wrote letters to tell Mr. Gould about ourselves.
- We created character posters about Evan and Jessie in The Lemonade War.
- We worked on strategies for successful group work and cooperation.
- We learned how to give and receive helpful feedback.
- We drafted a class mission and vision statement and started thinking about the rules we need to have in our learning community.
- We started earning some class tickets.
- We took a math pretest and played a math game.
- We sang songs and played GoNoodle together.
Here’s the draft mission and vision statement. We’ll keep working on it as the year continues.
Room 3B is a community of learners. We are kind, considerate, respectful, and trustworthy. We use our different skills to work together and help each person succeed. We learn by trying things out, making mistakes, supporting each other, cooperating, and sharing our ideas in a safe space.
We are working to create a classroom that is:
- Welcoming, friendly, and supportive of each unique person.
- Hard working and focused on learning new things.
- Peaceful, patient, quiet, and calm so that everyone has their best chance of success.
- A fun and creative place to be.