I hope that everyone had a restful three-day weekend and that you are ready to begin the week ahead! Here’s what’s coming up.
In language arts, we will be learning about helping verbs, identifying and writing opinions with evidence, and working to determine importance in a text passage. We will be continuing to look at these topics next week, and there will not be Friday assessments due to our Tubac field trip. In spelling, we will not have a list this week. Instead, students will choose words to practice from previous lists and will prepare for an old-fashioned spelling bee during our Tubac field trip.
In math, we are concluding unit 3, investigating addition and subtraction strategies. This week, we will have some review and assessment to shore up any difficult areas. The unit 3 assessment will be on Thursday.
In social studies, we will prepare for our visit to the Tubac One-Room Schoolhouse by learning a bit about the history of schools in Tucson. In addition, we will read about the rules for students and teachers of the time. On Friday, we will drive to Tubac to experience part of a day in the life of a student from the late 1800s. Students have been planning clothes to wear and food to bring to help make the morning as authentic as possible. Please see the handouts that were sent home in last week’s Eagle Express (or send me a note to get a new copy!).
- Friday, January 24: Tubac School Room
- Friday, January 24 – Sunday, January 26th: St. Michael’s Theater Into the Woods
- Friday, February 7: Field trip to Fox Theater (no drivers needed)
- Friday February 7th: STEM Night
- Friday, February 14th: End of second trimester
- February 17-21: Rodeo Break
- Friday, February 28th: Eggs for Casa Maria
- Friday, April 17th: field trip to Sweetwater Wetlands